Thursday, August 18, 2011

How to properly use I-Doser

Hey people! Once again a file is downloading, and I thought I should let the uninformed know how to properly I-Dose. I will follow these guidelines when I listen, hopefully ensuring the most vivid response, if any. If you are under the impression that I am not doing it properly, then please, let me know. I will review your comment, and see if it can be backed up by others. If it proves legitimate, then I will add it this list, and possibly repeat I-Doses to make sure that I am receiving the full effect from each one. Here's what I do:

Step 1: Make sure you are ready - Prep
Make sure you have used the restroom, gotten a drink, and eaten properly before you start. There's nothing like the urge to pee, or a hunger cramp, to ruin your experience.

Step 2: Prepare the audio - Set up
I always listen to my I-Doses on the computer, in their "cleanest" form. Any other file type other then .DRG will change the bitrate of the audio, and can possibly mute certain pitches completely. I keep the computer far enough away from me that I won't bump it if I do something strange in a dose. I also make sure that I have enough cord on my headphones that I won't get tangled up in it.

Step 3: Get comfy - Lay down
I always lay down, on my back, with a pillow over my eyes. It's critical that you are in the darkest environment possible, and it is also as silent as possible. I always lay down, on my back, covered in a blanket.

Step 4: Listening - The Dose
To get the full effect of the does, you need to listen to the entire thing. It might feel weird, and you might get strange sensations, but if you want to get the full feeling, you need to let the sound take you away. Get lost in it. So, lay down, turn off all the lights, and enjoy!

That's my guide! It's subject to change (hopefully for the better). And with that, I'm off to write a review. Good luck I-Dosing! Be sure to tell me how it was in a comment!

4 comments:

  1. There has been a couple of files that I've listened to that were in the mp3 format and in certain parts the sound got weird and distorted. Is it because it was converted to mp3?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be cheap conversion into an Mp3 format, yes. Or if you pirated them, you can't guarantee the quality, or if they've been tampered with. Or, it might be a psychological side-effect to the dose you're currently taking. Without more details- it could honestly be any number of things.

      Delete
  2. dosing? Can I get the files to idose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what if we listen on spotify? is that OK?

    ReplyDelete

Check out the Table of Contents in the upper right hand corner of the page to find more I-Doser related articles.